COVID-19 Library Reopening
We’re open and we’re so excited to see you. During this phase, we’ll be open:
- 9:30 am to 8 pm, Monday through Thursday
- 9:30 am to 5 pm, Fridays and Saturdays
Some services are limited, but most are available again! Take a look at the information here so you know what to expect when you get to the library.
When You Arrive at the Library
- Please enter through the southwest entrance (nearest the outdoor book drop).
- Follow the one-way path through the library’s entrance and around the service desk.
- Return your books inside during business hours or in the outdoor book drop, which is open 24/7.
While You Are In the Library
You are welcome to:
- Browse the collection
- Check out items
- Pick up your holds
- Ask reference questions
- Apply for a library card
We ask that you please:
- Wear a mask
- Limit your visit to 30 minutes
- Keep a distance of six feet between you and other patrons
- Send only one member of your family
Computers are first come, first served for 30 minute sessions.
Library staff will frequently disinfect the service desk area and door handles. All other areas of the library are use-at-your-own-risk, including the public computers and restrooms.
We are back to our normal procedures for held items. We keep them on our hold shelf for ten days after they arrive at New Ulm Public Library (NUPL).
Accessing the Library at Home
If you would like to access the library from home: