Entrepreneurial & Small Business Services
Cultivating the business community is important to New Ulm. Our past history proves that investing in small businesses create huge opportunities. Below are resources offered to entrepreneurial and small businesses.
Small businesses are the heart of a community. The following services are available to support small businesses and encourage entrepreneurs in New Ulm:
- City of New Ulm/New Ulm Economic Development Authority offer small business grants, loans and other incentives such as tax increment financing and tax abatement.
- Regional partners offer small businesses loans and grants:
- Region Nine Development Commission
- Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Small Business Administration - Minnesota District
- USDA Rural Development
- MN Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Brown County Economic Development Partners, Inc. (507) 794-7992
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Through a partnership with the Small Business Development Center, the City of New Ulm offers free one-on-one consulting at City Hall to provide entrepreneurs and small business owners the opportunity to receive free one-on-one consulting in a confidential setting.
- New Ulm Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber provides the opportunity for businesses with like interests or needs to come together to lead initiatives, organize events, train employees and support shopping local strategies.
- Regional Center for Entrepreneurial Facilitation (RCEF) – a non-profit entrepreneur and business development organization. They provide free one-on-one business consulting.
Educational & Networking
- Social Media Breakfast - Starting from the beginning, we’ll learn how we can use a social media strategy to drive our business initiatives forward and use that strategy to plan out our content, drive better engagement, and ensure we are staying true to our brand.
- 1 Million Cups - An event that brings together entrepreneurs and the greater Mankato area community over coffee and conversations to support new ventures.
- New Ulm HYPE (Helping Young Professionals Evolve) - HYPE is a young professionals group designed to welcome and support new and current young professionals in the community.