Automatic Bill Payment
Advantages of Automatic Bill Payment for your Utility Account
- It's FREE! No fees!
- Saves you time and money.
- Never worry about the weather.
- Never worry about penalties.
- Never worry about your utilities while on vacation!
- Automatic Bill Payment may be combined with Budget Billing, and the same amount will be automatically paid each month.
We offer two options for Automatic Bill Payment:
1. Automatic Bill Payment from your Checking or Savings Account
With Automatic Bill Payment (ACH) from a checking or savings account, your monthly payment will be automatically deducted from your bank/credit union account on the due date of the bill. You will receive your bill each month as usual via mail or email, but no further action is needed on your part!
To sign up:
- Complete the form on the back side of your utility bill, or click this link to print out the Automatic ACH Payments sign-up form.
- Provide a voided check of the bank account you would like to use to pay your bill.
- Drop off or mail the form and your voided check to the Finance office at City Hall, 100 North Broadway, New Ulm, MN 56073.
2. Automatic Bill Payment using your Credit or Debit Card
With Automatic Bill Payment using a credit or debit card, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to your debit or credit card on the same date each month. You choose the date and there are no processing fees. You will receive your bill each month as usual via mail or email. Note: When your debit/credit card expires, you will need to update your card's information on the online payment portal to ensure that your utility payment is processed.
To sign up:
- Visit our online payment portal at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/newulmmn/utilities
- Click on "Login."
- Register for a new account. You will need your utility account number and the amount of your last utility bill.
- Click on the "Pay Account" button and select "Enroll in Auto Pay."
- Under Payment Date: Select the day of the month you would like to make your payment each month.
- Under Payment Method: Enter your debit or credit card information.
- Click on "Enroll now."
We accept these debit and credit cards:
- American Express
Note: If you choose a date after the due date, your account may be subject to late fees.