The City of New Ulm is reconstructing 20th South Street from Broadway to the Minnesota River crossing. Construction is scheduled to begin the spring of 2024 but the design stage of the process has begun. The project will include surface reconstruction as well as the improvement of utility infrastructure.
- Reconstructing roadway surfaces to improve vehicular and multi-modal transportation
- Prioritizing pedestrian and bicycle safety with improved crossings and trail connections
- Improving ADA infrastructure
- Replacement of aging utility infrastructure
- Replacement of aging utility infrastructure including sewer main, watermain, and storm water reconstruction
- Fall-Winter 2022: preliminary design
- Fall 2023: final design
- Spring 2024: construction begins
We need your input! What concerns do you have related to the 20th South Street corridor that should be considered in the project design? What opportunities do you see for improvements?
Share your input by reviewing the 20th South Street Improvement flyer and completing the 20th South Street Comment Card.
Questions? Contact Joe Stadheim, City Engineer at (507) 359-8245