The New Ulm Human Rights Commission sponsors an annual poster and essay contest.
How would the world look different if people took the time to see things through other’s perspectives?
- Contest is open to all New Ulm students in grades Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- Poster can be in any medium but no bigger than 20” x 30“
- Deadline is January 15, 2022
- Prizes are $100, $75, and $50 for the top three finalists in each of the 4 categories:
K–1st grade, 2nd–4th grade, 5th–8th grade, and 9th–12th grade.
How could considering the perspectives of others while making decisions influence situations in our world?
- Contest is open to all New Ulm students in grades 5th to 12th grade.
- Essay should be 1-3 pages in length and double-spaced in 12pt.font.
- Referencing the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United States Bill of Rights or the Minnesota Human Rights Act is encouraged.
- Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Prizes are $100, $75, and $50 for the top three finalists for each category:
5th–8th grade and 9th–12th grade.
A completed entry form should be attached to the back of the essay or poster. Entry forms are available at school offices, the City’s website or by emailing LisaG@newulmmn.gov
Entries must be submitted to City Hall, Attention: Human Rights Commission, 100 North Broadway, New Ulm, second floor, Administrative Office by January 15th.