- Public Utilities
- Bill Pay
- Budget Billing
New Ulm Public Utilities has taken the ups and down out of utility bills. Thanks to Budget Billing, your monthly payment can stay the same each month throughout the year, and the extreme temperatures of winter and summer months won't affect your bill. For added convenience, combine Budget Billing with Automatic Bill Payment and your Budget Billing amount will be automatically paid for you. No need to worry about paying by the due date when you are out of town or on vacation.
How Does Budget Billing Work?
With Budget Billing, monthly payments are based on your average usage for the last 12 months. Each monthly bill shows your Budget Billing amount due, plus your actual utility usages. All Budget Billing accounts are re-evaluated annually during the month of April for May's billing. You can withdraw from the program at any time.
Requirements for Budget Billing are as follows:
- Billing year starts with the May billing, but you can start with Budget Billing at any time.
- Accounts must be in good standing.
- Actual or card readings must be received each month.
- Only residential and commercial accounts are eligible.
- Service must be established for at least one year.
- Failure to make payments on the due date will result in a penalty and possible shut-off.
- When a final bill is generated, the actual balance becomes due.