General & Liquor License

The license year is July 1 of the current year through June 30 of the following year. All licenses will be granted, subject to the license holder meeting city and state requirements. The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry requires the city to collect proof of worker's compensation coverage or a permit to self-insure.

You may obtain a license application at our office or by selecting the listed application that best fits your needs. You may also obtain the worker's compensation form.

Liquor License

This type of liquor license requires you to complete a form provided by the State of Minnesota, which is in addition to the forms required by the city. This state form may be obtained in our office. The forms you may need include:

  • Annual Club Liquor
  • Annual Consumption and Display
  • Annual Off-Sale 3.2% Malt Liquor
  • Annual Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor
  • Annual On-Sale 3.2% Malt Liquor
  • Annual On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor
  • Annual On-Sale Strong Beer
  • Annual On-Sale Wine
  • Annual Sunday Liquor
  • Brewer Taproom License
  • Temporary On-Sale 3.2% Malt Liquor
  • Temporary On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor

General License

Some of these applications require an applicant for this type of license to undergo an investigation prior to granting the license. There is an investigation fee for each license. View some of the general licenses:

  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Fireworks
  • Kennel
  • Pawn Broker
  • Peddler (Requires background check)
  • Sheep License
  • Special Vehicle Permit
  • Solid Waste Hauler (Requires background check)
  • Taxi
  • Tobacco
  • Transient Merchant (Requires background check)
  • Transportation Network Company (Uber or Lyft)
  • Tree Service


If you have any questions relating to city ordinances and/or State of Minnesota Statutes, please email Janine Schapekahm or call her at 507-233-2121, ext 124.