The natural gas appliances are not working; who should I call?

Call the Gas Department at 507-359-8264 during business hours or 877-868-3636 anytime. A technician will come to make sure that the regulator and meter are operating property. If they are operating properly, the homeowner will need to call a repair person to fix the appliance. If work needs to be done on the gas line after the meter, a licensed plumber will need to be called.

Click here to view more information on this topic: Gas appliance problems? Call us first!

Show All Answers

1. Where is the sanitary sewer service located?
2. Does the home have a sump pump? Is it draining properly?
3. Where is my water service located?
4. Whose responsibility are repairs to a home’s water service?
5. Where is the water shut-off valve in the house?
6. What is the hardness of water in New Ulm?
7. What is the size of my electrical service? Does it have fuses or breakers?
8. Are there functioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in the home?
9. The natural gas appliances are not working; who should I call?
10. Are there any rebates for replacing appliances?
11. What is the condition of the furnace/air conditioner? Are there rebates available?
12. What are the past average utility bills for my home?
13. How and where do I change the utilities into my name after I purchase the home?
14. What type of insulation is in the house? Is the attic insulated?
15. What is my property zoned?
16. What are my property setbacks?
17. How do I identify my property lines?
18. Are there any easements on my property?