Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the New Ulm Public Library! Volunteers are given activities based on their skills, availability, and interests. Training will be provided. We offer a flexible schedule and the opportunity to meet new people, share your talents, and serve the community.
Ongoing Volunteer Activities
- Adopt-a-Shelf: Pick a favorite section in the library and keep it neat and in proper order on a regular basis. This is an excellent group volunteer opportunity.*
- Assist with setup and maintenance of displays.
- Assist with setup of library programs and activities.
- Assist with weeding materials.*
- Basic office tasks (photocopying, filling printer trays).
- Clean books/CDs/DVDs.
- Create booklists, series lists, and other readers’ advisory information.
- Light cleaning (dusting shelves).
- Light maintenance (picking up outside).
- Put “to be shelved” carts in order.*
- Read shelves.*
- Straighten books and shelves.
* Requires special training.
Requirements for Volunteers
- Age 16 and up.
- Reliable, flexible, and responsible.
- Willing to perform assigned duties.
- Willing to abide by library policies and procedures.
The City of New Ulm will complete a background check on all volunteers who complete the application and interview processes.
**Volunteers will be utilized only when supervisory staff and work are available.**
How to Apply
Please complete an application form and return it to the library. You will be contacted for an interview.